Fences in the front yard in RD zones shall be limited to:
- Solid walls or fences not exceeding three (3) feet,
- Fences constructed of chain link or similar woven material, not exceeding four (4) feet, or
- Open ornamental fencing not exceeding seven (7) feet.
- Fences exceeding these heights may be allowed with the issuance of a Minor Use Permit.
- Fences in the front yard in the AG or AR zone shall be limited to seven (7) feet.
- Fences in the side street yard shall not exceed seven (7) feet. Retaining wall and fence combinations that exceed seven (7) feet may be permitted with the issuance of a Minor Use Permit.
- Fences in interior yards shall not exceed seven (7) feet and may be located on a retaining wall not to exceed four (4) feet in height.
Note: For purposes of measuring fence height, the frontage with the primary entrance to the main dwelling shall be considered the front yard and the other frontage(s) shall be considered the side street yard(s). In the case of a corner lot with a duplex, or two or more dwellings, where primary entrances face both frontages, both frontages shall be considered the front yard. Where a home demonstrates multiple established primary entrances on both frontages, both frontages shall be considered the front yard.
All fences adjacent to drives and street intersections. When fences, walls, and/or landscape screening are adjacent to street intersections and points of ingress and egress the visibility requirements of the Sacramento County Improvement Standards enforced by the Department of Transportation shall be adhered to.
(See Section 5.2.5.B for full text regarding Residential Fences)