Code enforcement officers have a complex job, working with businesses and residents, understanding the myriad of codes and laws and educating customers to help bring them into compliance with the law. Their tasks include:
- Monitor and inspect new and existing residential, commercial, industrial properties and hazardous conditions to ensure compliance with State and municipal laws, codes, and ordinances
- Respond to complaints
- Conduct field investigations and observe conditions to verify facts indicating violations.
- Issue correction notices and/or citations for violations or non-compliance to persons responsible for conformance.
- Prepare correspondence, reports of investigations, and other required documentation for use by administrative and/or judicial authorities supporting civil actions and/or criminal prosecutions.
- Testify in court and at administrative proceedings.
- Manage assigned caseload; update and maintain automated and manual investigation records and files.
To inquire about vacant positions within the County - visit the County Employment webpage.